Workways Australia Ltd is committed to advancing reconciliation and building an inclusive and diverse workplace that recognises the rights and culture of our indigenous community.
In our vision for reconciliation, we are focused on providing the following opportunities for Aboriginal, South Sea and Torres Strait Islander people including:
- Increased employment opportunities within our business;
- Encouraging professional development and contribution to the organisation;
- Increasing the level of understanding, awareness, acknowledgement and respect for indigenous cultures across the organisation;
- Building meaningful and mutually respectful relationships with our indigenous community;
- Acknowledging the rights of indigenous people to self-determination and culturally competent practice;
- Promoting the importance of cultural connections in building resilience and wellbeing acknowledging kinship, community and culture;
- Ensuring our services are culturally appropriate and accessible to all.
our reconciliation action plan
Workways has undertaken the development and implementation of a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) to assist in creating a workplace culture that understands, values and respects the history, culture and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our Reflect RAP has been certified by Reconciliation Australia and has a specific focus on acknowledging the failings of the past; taking practical steps toward reconciliation; recognising the importance and benefits of diversity; and setting us up for the future.