WHAT IS Workforce Australia?
Our Workforce Australia program is a specialised employment service that provides individualised employment support to job seekers who are wanting to find and keep a job.
Workforce Australia is for jobseekers who are receiving government benefits. Participants in the program are often referred to Workways Australia by Services Australia.
HOW WE HELP
Our team provides assistance in:
- seeking sustainable employment
- resume writing
- interview preparation
- connecting you to local employers and jobs
- providing access to other support services
- work experience opportunities
- upskilling and training opportunities
- completing Work for the Dole activities (where necessary)
Workforce Australia services are available to:
- Jobseekers receiving income support payments;
- who have mutual obligation requirements (such as seeking employment).
- You can be referred to Workways for Workforce Australia services by Services Australia (Centrelink).
- Jobseekers may volunteer for Workforce Australia services if;
- you have the right to work in Australia and you are not working or studying full-time.
Youth Advisory Sessions
Looking for FREE career advice?
Youth Advisory Sessions give young people from 15 – 24 years old the opportunity to gain free knowledge and advice from our Transition to Work (TtW) team who have lots of experience helping young people into work and training. They’re available for youth who access Workforce Australia Online Services.
If you are eligible, you will receive 3 free one-hour consultations with an experienced and skilled Transition to Work team member.
WhAT TOPICS ARE DISCUSSED?
You can choose to cover one or multiple topics in your session if necessary. Our Transition to Work team will also be able to work to pinpoint the your individual goals and skills and highlight any opportunities that are available to you.
Topics that may be covered in these sessions include (but are not limited to):
- Goal Setting & Work Readiness
- Job Applications
- Education, Training & Study
- Local Labour Market
- Career Guidance & Advice
- Social Media Profiles
- Information or connections to other government and community services (including for mental health)
HOW TO BOOK A YOUTH ADVISORY SESSION
We have three weekly timeslots for Youth Advisory Sessions:
- Moe: Tuesdays, 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Morwell: Wednesdays, 11:00am-12:00pm
- Traralgon: Thursdays, 2:00pm-3:00pm
You can book your Youth Advisory Session directly via the form below. Please select the location and date that you would like to attend one of our offices.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST WITH WORKWAYS
This form provides us with some basic information we can use to start working with you. Give us as much detail as you can and we’ll be back in touch with next steps.