Since 1989 Workways Australia has grown from being a small community-based organisation in regional Victoria to a large, dynamic not-for-profit organisation operating across Victoria, New South Wales, ACT and Queensland. True to its mission, Workways remains one of the highest performing Employment Services providers in the country, however now delivers a diverse range of government funded services including Jobactive, Disability Employment Services, Transition to Work, ParentsNext, the Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN) program, Springboard, the Gippsland East Mentoring Program, Green Army, Environmental Sustainability Programs and Work for the Dole. In 2015, Workways also purchased a commercial Labour Hire and Recruitment franchise – Workforcexs. The establishment of this social enterprise offers Workways an opportunity to further expand the scope of services offered to our existing employer networks through delivery of labour hire and recruitment services across our footprint.
As an organisation, Workways continues to deliver programs and services that assist those most in need within our community to successfully transition into the workforce. We also work closely with businesses and industry partners to meet their immediate and long term workforce needs. This includes:
- provision of tailored, highly supportive, employment assistance to individuals seeking employment;
- working with business and industry to design industry specific training relevant to their changing industry needs;
- development of directed recruitment supports to business and industry;
- development of long term workforce solutions to attract skilled people to growing industries;
- development of Social Enterprise Intermediary Labour Market businesses that offer supported employment and a smooth transition into mainstream employment;
- development of targeted employment programs aimed at ensuring business and industry can attract and retain employees from key social groups including Indigenous people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, those with disabilities and young people.
To deliver positive economic, social and environmental benefits to the community by enabling people to participate in the workforce, develop their potential and contribute to society.
Engaged communities: connecting people to opportunities.
We ensure all points of views are respected and considered.
We are committed to human rights and social responsibility.
We avoid blaming individuals, acknowledging that most people are well-meaning.
We treat others with dignity and fairness.
We work with one another without manipulation.
We work with one another with enthusiasm and appreciation.
We do what we say we will do.
We take responsibility for our actions.
We communicate in an open, genuine manner.
We conduct ourselves in an ethical and professional manner.
We proactively look for opportunities for improvement.
We strive for excellence and quality in everything we do.
We are prepared to try different ways.
We appropriately challenge the status quo.
We anticipate our customers’ changing needs.
We acknowledge that we do make mistakes and that we learn from them.
We adapt to change.
We work proactively to address issues.
We can be counted on to deliver even in difficult circumstances.
We have a positive attitude and tackle every job with enthusiasm.
We respect each others’ opinions and listen attentively.
We actively contribute and share responsibility for results.
We share information with each other and look to how we can better assist.
We acknowledge the different skills and experiences that we have as part of a team.
Workways Australia acknowledges the Traditional Owners and custodians of the land and pays respect to the Elders past and present.